The Christmas season in Madrid was inaugurated last Friday with the traditional Christmas lighting; a much awaited moment for both locals and visitors.
Madrid shines again in each of its corners. Whether day or night, strolling through its streets is a real delight and enjoy the multitude of plans that offers us, an excuse to get lost in its streets.
Here are some of these plans:
- First of all, a visit to the Plaza de España for its recent inauguration is a must. It will undoubtedly be the epicenter of Christmas, taking the limelight away from the mythical Puerta del Sol. The gigantic 18-meter fir tree, installed at the junction with Gran Via and decorated with more than 800 balls and illuminated by 27,000 points of light is its main attraction.
- Nuevos Ministerios Christmas Market. In the style of Central Europe, located in the parking lot of the Corte Ingles de Castellana, this market has a variety of booths where you can find everything from Christmas items such as ornaments, gifts and crafts to enjoy delicious dishes and typical Christmas sweets.
And while you're there, you can't miss entering the main lobby of the Corte Inglés and contemplate its large Christmas tree.
- CRAFTS FAIR. From December 1, this traditional flea market, in the middle of Paseo de Recoletos, will become the main showcase for craft lovers. In its XXXIV edition and with more than 140 stands, will bring together jewelers, potters, potters, jewelers, leather goods, engravers, jewelers, goldsmiths, fabric decorators, milliners, toy makers and artistic glassmakers. His schedule? from 11.00 am until 21.00 hours.
- Stroll through the center of Madrid Something you can't miss! Dress warmly and take a stroll through the central streets of Madrid illuminated; Gran Vía, Sol, Carretas, Montera, Fuencarral .... To finish enjoying, one more year, the fabulous facade of the Canalejas hotel complex, which will not leave you indifferent!
- Cortylandia. Because we can not forget the smallest of the house returns, after a year of absence due to the pandemic, the great children's event to fill the center of Madrid with illusion.
Where will it take place? On the facade of the Corte Inglés de Preciados.
Monday to Friday: at 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 18.00, 19.00, 20.00 and 21.00.
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 12.30, 13.30, 14.30, 17.00, 18.00, 19.00, 20.00 and 21.00.
December 24 and 31: 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00, 18.00, 19.00 and 19.30.
December 25 and January 1: 6:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.